A CENTER FOR JEWISH LIFE
Where Everyone is Welcome and Every Voice is Heard
Walk into Congregation Tifereth Israel and you're "home." Our dynamic, pluralistic congregation -- with a strong belief in "Judaism without Borders" -- is all inclusive, embracing people of all ages, backgrounds, orientations and family structure. We honor all traditions and spiritual journeys. Young families, singles, seniors, interfaith couples, Jews by choice, LGBTQ -- wherever you are on the Jewish spectrum, there's a place for you here, with your friends.
everyone is welcome to join
Does your family observe different religious traditions? Are you an interfaith family? Are you a member of the LGBQT community? CTI welcomes all individuals and families to be a part of our community. Any adult Jew and his/her partner and children may become members.
- Everyone is welcome to attend our engaging services, which are conducted in English and Hebrew. For those who can't read Hebrew, our prayer books provide phonetic renderings of the prayers.
- Everyone is invited to participate in all programs, including adult education classes, social action programs, holiday observances, social events and more.
- Our Rabbi is always happy to explore and explain conversion. However, we will never pressure you to convert. You are always welcome in our synagogue.
- Interfaith member-families are encouraged to mark lifecycle events with us. Everyone has a place on our Bimah. We are happy to honor you by calling you to the pulpit (bimah) for a Baby Naming/Brit Milah, for your child's Bar/Bat Mitzvah, or for any other special occasion.
- All children of interfaith members may attend our Hebrew School (Limud). Our children are our most precious blessing.
- Jewish people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, their families, and their friends are welcome at CTI.
We're sure you have many questions or concerns. If you would like to discuss your particular situation, please feel free to contact Rabbi Irwin directly at (516) 676-5080 or email [email protected]. He would be more than happy to meet with you.