CENTER FOR JEWISH LIFE
Where Everyone is Welcome and Every Voice is Heard
Walk into Congregation Tifereth Israel, and you're "home." Our dynamic, pluralistic congregation -- with a strong belief in "Judaism without Borders" -- is all inclusive, embracing people of all ages, backgrounds, orientations and family structure. We honor all traditions and spiritual journeys. Young families, singles, seniors, interfaith couples, Jews by choice, LGBTQ -- wherever you are on the Jewish spectrum, there's a place for you here, with your friends.
everyone is welcome to join
Does your family observe different religious traditions? Are you an interfaith family? Are you a member of the LGBQT community? CTI welcomes everyone; any adult Jew and his/her partner and children may become members.
Everyone is invited to attend our engaging services, which are conducted in English and Hebrew. If you can't read Hebrew, our prayer books provideEnlish transliterations..
- We offer programs to suit a variety of needs, including adult education classes, social action efforts, holiday observances, social events and more.
- Our Rabbi is always happy to explore and explain conversion. However, we will never pressure you to convert. You are always welcome in our synagogue.
- Interfaith member-families are encouraged to mark lifecycle events with us. Everyone has a place on our Bimah (pulpit). We are happy to honor you by calling you to the
- Bimah for a Baby Naming/Brit Milah, for your child's Bar/Bat Mitzvah, or for any other special occasion.
- We're sure you have many questions or concerns. If you would like to discuss your particular situation, please feel free to contact Rabbi Irwin directly at (516) 676-5080 or email [email protected]. He would be more than happy to meet with you.
We’ve been recognized for our creative and innovative approaches to fundraising, education, adult education, social action, communications and observance rituals.