Each recipe has been contributed by a CTI member and published in our cookbook, "Eat in Good Health" - CTI 2012.
recipe of the month : MAY
Grandma's Coffee Cake- Debra Turowsky
Makes about 10 servings
- 1 C sugar
- ¼ lb. butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 C flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 C sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3C chopped nuts, if desired
- cinnamon & sugar mixture
- 3 TBS. butter
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix sugar & butter until creamy, add eggs.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder & baking soda - mix well.
- Blend in sour cream & vanilla - mix well.
- Add nuts, if desired.
- Grease Bundt or 10” x 10” pan - pour in half of batter, sprinkle with sugar cinnamon mix.
- Pour in rest of batter.
- Melt 3 TBS butter, pour on top of batter.
- Top with cinnamon & sugar mix.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.